Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ain't Scared of Your Jails

Students and community members started their protest to try and get all people to realize that the way the African Americans were being treated was wrong. A quote from the movie was, "We weren't scared of them. As one group of students were arrested, there was a new group of students coming in to take their place". I thought this quote was powerful because it really shows the strong standpoint the students took. No matter how much they were intimidated, it did not matter. It was important that they fought for what they believed was right. I really enjoyed this video. Although I already have learned so much about Martin Luther King, this video showed a side of the civil rights movement that I was not familiar with. Those students were so brave! I don't think I could have done it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Some of thiese students who were our age had to deal with tings I couldn't even imagine to deal with! They had strong, brave souls! Each student should be praised for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post! I as well think that that quote was powerful and really showed how determined the students were!

    ReplyDelete