Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ain't Scared of Your Jails

This video makes your stomach twist. The violence is just heartbreaking and sickenign to watch. These people just wante equality and the get abused for it. The youth wanted to make a difference and stand up for themselves; it worried families sick of what my common upon their protests. however a student said, "be cool mother." The students wanted non-violent protests because they wanted to make a positive difference. A person once even \said"...that youth could be a real force of change." This is why they had the freedom rides. The freedom ride was where the white and blacks simply changed roles. The whites waited in the blacks only waiting room and road in the back of the buses. As the blacks waited in the whites on waiting rooms and road in the front of the bus. This was a innocent non-violent protest, but left an impacting difference in the nation.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. While watching this I could only think "How could someone do this to someone and get away with it?" It especially hurt me because one of my best friends is African American and I couldn't imagine life without her. I have known her since I was 4 years old and we have been like sisters ever since.

    ReplyDelete