Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Explorations 3

1- My name is Emily, and I am an Early Childhood Education Major. I graduated from Oak Hills High school in Cincinnati, OH.

2- One of my favorite lines in the book was when he stated "When drunk, our father was clearly in his wrong mind. He became a stranger..." I have known a few people in my life who lets say "like to drink" and that's really what they become, a stranger. I honestly think he shared this because many people can probably relate to this story. It seems everyone knows someone who "likes to drink". The thing that struck me most is they way he wrote it. He wrote as if the drinking became his father and he didnt always see him as his dad or his father, it was a drunk guy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! We talked early about alcohol and effects that comes from it! I just wanted to let you know that I completely agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this quote as well because it feels very true to certain people and relevant drinking is to our lives, whether we drink or not. When we see other people drinking, we can see their change. They turn into someone we don't recognize. Sometimes the change isn't too bad, but some people do a 180 once they get a hold of that drink.

    ReplyDelete