Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Exercise Number 3

Once again, my name is Cody Sigrist. I'm from Marysville, and have lived there my whole life. I'm an education major, and i also want to coach high school basketball. I like to read history books, and my favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
"Work has become an addiction for me, as drink was an addiction for my father. Knowing this,
my daughter gave me a placard for the wall: WORKAHOLIC." This was powerful because it shows how anything
we do can be addictive and we need to balance everything we do in life. I believe he shared this, because
it shows even in the best intentions and best actions to one person, can be seen as an addiction to another.
The striking thing about this is that I'd never thought about positive things we do(working hard/perfection)
can be looked at as a negative thing. Life needs to be a balancing act not all or nothing.

5 comments:

  1. I've lived in Marysville most of my life too! What a small world. I like your point that we need to balance everything we do in life. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy this post, and I think that it is challenging for everyone. It really makes you think about how your living your life, and who you're living it for. Sometimes it is great for us now and again to sit down and get our priorities straight. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a couple of things in common. I am a Middle Childhood Education major and I live in Marysville too.

    ReplyDelete