Thursday, October 6, 2011

Post #2: Pop Culture Narrative


HILLSONG UNITED-

I love music. Music is one thing that fuels my soul, and it can capture the core of any emotion and present it masterfully in around 3 minutes. Although I am not musically talented
(I can't play an instrument to save my life, and lets not even talk about my singing...), my love for music fills my spirit and goes way beyond just a nice tune. It has extremely influenced the person who I am today. My mood can immediately change from what music I am listening to. Music has been there through the best of times, and the worst of times. I love being able to find a thrilling new band, but still have my familiar favorites playing through my stereo. When I find a band I really enjoy I go crazy about it. Chances are I always have some sort of music playing in my room or car at all times. A band that has played a prominent role in my life is Hillsong United. Hillsong United is a extremely talented Christian band. I love all sorts of music, but when it comes down to praise and worship, Hillsong has it in the bag. If you've been to any contemporary Christian church, it is most likely that they sang one of Hillsong United's songs.

Hillsong United originate from a mega church in Australia, called Hillsong Church. The band tours all around the world sharing the love of Jesus. Ever since I began liking them, I've always wanted to see them in concert. This last summer, Hillsong United was having a tour in the U.S.A, which happens rarely, and they were coming to Columbus! I was going to have to chance to see my all time favorite band. Going to the concert was electrifying. I went with my best friends, and it was not like any concert that I've ever been to. The passion and power was amazing, and it was life changing to worship with so many believers! Even if you weren't a Christian, I am sure you would of enjoyed it and been impacted. The energy was definitely there. Although they have awesome spark, the lyrics they sing are just as influential. I can say they have been encouraging during many times in my life. Going to the Hillsong United concert will be something I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you used a Christian band! I too, used a Christian rapper.

    ReplyDelete