Monday, October 10, 2011

Lee Ann Womack

Lee Ann Womack is one of my favorite artist because of the song she did in 2000. One of her greatest hits "I Hope You Dance." My mom asked me to listen to this song with her one day and that became our song. Womack and I actually have a lot in common. Her father was a DJ and used to bring her in the studio and let her talk with him on the radio, as did my father. He let me come in and sing Jingle bells around Christmas time. She is absolutely in love with her daughters, Aubrie Lee Sellers and Anna Lise Liddell, as I was and still am with my mother. This song still brings me to tears after almost 10 years. This song is such an amazing song. My mom and I danced to this song together at a wedding and I even danced to it at my mothers funeral. So needless to say, I love reading about Lee Ann Womack and have even written her thanking her for the song and inspiring me to be a great mother. My mother though was my greatest inspiration to be a great mother. And I will make sure when I have children that they know who my mother was.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! Ironically that is me and my mom's song too! The lyrics are very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this song!! Even though its talking about dance, it can relate to any struggle your having in life. This is one of the songs I turn to when I need uplifted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song as well, Very powerful and meaningful song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite songs! It is so powerful in so many ways. I love how it can relate to anything that you're going through. Especially your story, how it was yours and your mom's song, and you got to dance to it at her funeral. It's so emotional, yet you feel like she is dancing with you. Really liked your story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom always played that song when we got in the car to go somewhere

    ReplyDelete